Watch out for fake text messages pretending to be from the NHS. Since Jan 1st, 412 victims have reported losses totalling more than £531,000. Please use the following links if you would like to see an example of the fake NHS messages reported to Action Fraud:
What you need to look out for:
· Be aware of requests for personal information in messages claiming to be from the NHS.
· Be alert to links or attachments in unexpected messages claiming to be from the NHS.
· Do not respond to requests for money, bank details or passwords. The NHS will NEVER ask for payment or any financial details.
How to report scam messages:
· If you are suspicious about an email, forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· If you are suspicious about a text message, forward it to the number 7726 (it’s free of charge).
For information on NHS coronavirus testing, visit: www.nhs.uk