Broxtowe Borough Council News Release:
Albion Street car park in Beeston has been selected for a Local Testing Site (LTS) by local public health leaders because it is well known, easy to find, and is a fairly large, level space.
The LTS will be open seven days a week from 8am to 8pm and is available for people with COVID-19 symptoms who have booked an appointment by calling 119 or visiting gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test (Opens in a New Window). The site is run by the Department for Health and Social Care but tests at the site will be self-administered by those who request them. Parents will carry out tests on their children if they cannot manage to do their own.If you have symptoms of coronavirus you should get tested.
Leader of Broxtowe Borough Council, Councillor Milan Radulovic MBE said:
” We’re working with partners to do all we can to stop the spread of the virus This site will enable Broxtowe residents with symptoms to access a local facility to help reduce transmission rates in the area.
“The LTS may create some traffic around the area and unless you are getting at test we advise you to use one of the other council car parks nearby.
“We understand this may cause some inconvenience but I know that our local residents and businesses will support this important local testing site to help us reduce the number of COVID-19 cases in our Borough as quickly as possible.”
To use the site, people should:
- Have at least one symptom of COVID-19 – a new, continuous cough, a high temperature or loss or change to their sense of smell or taste
- Book a test first before going to the site by calling 119 or visiting gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test(Opens in a New Window)
- Walk to the site and if driving, park up nearby and then walk to the site
- Avoid taking public transport to get to the site or return home
- Stay out of any shops or other premises prior to their test and return home immediately afterwards
- Wear a face covering
- Adhere to social distancing
- Take a form of identification, such as a driving licence, passport, NHS card or utilities bill
Broxtowe Borough Council will be working with partners to ensure that the site is managed and signposted to help direct users.