Nottinghamshire County Council Media Release:
https://www.inspireculture.org.uk/nspire Culture and Nottinghamshire County Council are committed to the well-being of staff and customers during the current coronavirus pandemic.
The temporary closure of Nottinghamshire’s libraries and archives is in line with the UK Government’s new national restrictions.
During the period of closure Nottinghamshire Libraries will continue to offer a Click & Collect service online and via Ask Inspire at selected libraries, including mobiles. Customers will also be able to access PCs in selected libraries for essential purposes only such as job applications and benefit claims. The service will be available for pre-booked appointments only, via Ask Inspire. Nottinghamshire Archives will be closed to the public but will offer a remote research and reprographics service.
Inspire who also deliver culture, learning and services for schools will continue other provision online and within covid-secure and educational settings.
• Inspire Learning face-to-face provision in education settings such as 16-24 Study programmes will continue. Community and Family Learning will continue with online delivery.
• The Education Library Service and Inspire Music services will both continue to deliver services to schools.
• Inspire provide virtual culture, learning and libraries at inspireculture.org.uk/online including activities, events, exhibitions and eResources such as eReading, eAudio and eMagazines at inspireculture.org.uk/eresources.
During this period of closure customers will not need to renew items due back from 2 November until 14 December.
• Overdue charges are being waived during the period of closure. Unfortunately, we will not be able to reserve items or place inter-library loans.
• New customers may join the library online at inspireculture.org.uk/join to access our eResources and Click & Collect.
• For general enquiries please contact Ask Inspire preferably by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or to speak to someone call 01623 677 200 (9am – 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 4pm Saturday)
• For Archive enquires email email@example.com
Cllr Kay Cutts, MBE, Leader of Nottinghamshire County Council commented; “We know how much people value our library services which will continue to support customers in a virtual way, providing lots to read, learn, research and enjoy. There are lots of activities and services people can access which may help to occupy them during the lockdown. As soon as we’re in a position to reopen our buildings safely we will do so. Until then, please use the opportunity to access our wonderful cultural services from the comfort of your home!”
Peter Gaw, Chief Executive Inspire said: “We are pleased we are able to still provide our Click & Collect service as we know reading during lockdown is one of those things people want to do, and we know it helps many of us get through the challenges we are all facing”, Our online library, cultural, heritage and learning offer has something for everyone and a great place to be inspired whilst our buildings are closed”.
Visit inspireculture.org.uk for regular updates, access to resources and for information about remote access to some of our other services. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsLibraries to keep up to date.
For further information please contact Tiffany Freeman on 0115 8040816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For further information and library locations please visit www.inspireculture.org.uk to enquire about click and collect services and pre booking a PC please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01623 677 200, 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm on Saturday.
The list of libraries to pre book PC’s from Monday 8 November for essential use only* is:
· Mansfield Central
· West Bridgford
*Essential use – as classed by Government legislation includes claiming universal credit/benefits etc and job applications.