Today (18th) marks the second day of Broxtowe Borough Council’s Thank You Week, showcasing the amazing achievements of local residents, community groups and businesses during the pandemic.
There’s still time to nominate someone to receive the recognition they deserve and do you bit to say a collective thank you to people in Broxtowe.
How to Send in a Nomination
If you would like to nominate who has made an outstanding contribution to the community for either a phone call from the Mayor or for a Mayor’s Certificate of Appreciation, please send the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name of the person nominating someone and a contact number or email address.
- The name of the person you are nominating and a contact number or email address.
- At least one example of what they have done to go above and beyond during the pandemic.
- Please remember to put as much details as possible as we can only go from what you have written.
The deadline for nominations is 23rd August.
Broxtowe Women’s Project are just one organisation who have been nominated after the team worked quickly to adapt so that they could continue to support Broxtowe families affected by domestic abuse in alternative ways.
They have held 16 virtual coffee mornings for families, 2 virtual walks, started an online Freedom programme and have a waiting list for the second and the team have increased their hours to allow them to provide a Monday to Friday service, which previously wasn’t offered.
The team have worked extremely hard to ensure Broxtowe’s communities have been supported throughout the pandemic as well as supporting the #YouAreNotAlone campaign.
Beeston Rylands Community Association are another example of providing community support for Broxtowe. They have been packing and delivering twice weekly food packs to local residents and are now helping over 240 households.
They have worked with the Head Teachers of local schools to ensure they identify and deliver to those families in need. They have also done some amazing outreach work with Broxtowe’s younger residents, as they have worked with Sport England and Active Notts to provide drop offs of sport equipment for young people for activities at home.
As well as sending in a nomination, you can also get involved by:
- Posting a personal thank you on the online Book of Thanks at www.broxtowe.gov.uk/bookofthanks
- Adding the ‘Thank You Broxtowe’ Facebook Frame to your profile picture – instructions at www.broxtowe.gov.uk/broxthankyou
- Downloading a Thank You poster from www.broxtowe.gov.uk/broxthankyou to display in your window
- Sending in a shout out by emailing your story and picture to email@example.com to appear across social media
Follow Broxtowe Borough Council on Facebook and @broxtowebc on Twitter throughout this week to hear even more inspiring stories.
For further information please visit www.broxtowe.gov.uk/broxthankyou