Congratulations to Councillor Richard MacRae on being elected as the Mayor of Stapleford.
Congratulations to Councillor Si Frost on being elected as Deputy Mayor of Stapleford.
Both Councillors were elected to Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Stapleford at the Annual Stapleford Town Council meeting last night.
The Town Mayor is the Civic Head of Stapleford and the first citizen of the Parish. The Mayor performs the important function of chairing the meetings of the Town Council. As part of this role there are a number of legal administrative duties. The Mayor also performs a civic role, representing the Town Council by attending local events and other engagements.
The Mayor is elected at the Annual Meeting of the Council which is usually held in May.
Details of the Mayor’s upcoming engagements are set out below. During the current COVID-19 pandemic the Mayor is not accepting invitations.
Below is a list of the type of events attended by The Town Mayor:
- Chairing the Town Council
- Presenting flowers, from the Town Council to residents who are celebrating a special birthday or anniversary*
- Attending Civic Services
- Switching on the Christmas Tree Lights
- Attending Remembrance Services
- Judging competitions
- Meeting Young People at various clubs youth events**
- Meeting more mature members of the community at various clubs and events**
- Presenting cheques following charity fundraising events
- Opening the Carnival, Hemlock Happening, Fetes, etc.
- Visiting Schools
- Attending Civic Balls, Concerts etc
* If you would like the town mayor to visit a friend/relation who has a special birthday/anniversary coming up please contact the town clerk’s office.
** If you would like the town mayor to visit a friend/relation who has a special birthday/anniversary coming up please contact the clerk’s office on 0115 939 1818 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
*** If you would like the town mayor to visit your club for a special event or just to see what you get up to please contact the town clerk’s office.