In your update of 5 June you say you have spoken to Jonathan Gribbin, Director of Public Health at Nottinghamshire County Council. You sensibly reiterate the Government advice to control the spread of the Coronavirus but you don’t give any meaningful analysis of the situation. We need some local details. I don’t expect figures for Bramcote but you might consider Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire further breaking down the figures where you can.
- How many cases are being tested positive?
- What are the occupations of those positive and what are the is the percentages of BAME groups affected, nursing home residents and NHS workers?
- Is Track and Tracing up and running and are all the identified infections being followed up?
- What is R here?
- Are there any spikes as happened in Weston-Super-Mare?
- How will we know if the easing the lockdown is dangerously increasing infections?
- I may have had Covid-19. When and where can I get an effective ant-body test?
- The Government says is has secured 100 million doses of the the Oxford University vaccine in development. What’s the plan for using it assuming its safe and works?
I am sure readers of Bramcote Today will have other pertinent questions.
Finally yesterday’s Government press conference was taken by Mat Hancock alone. There were no scientific advisers present. This does suggest they are unable to support the thrust of the Government’s approach. Please honestly comment on this.