Broxtowe Borough Council is taking a proactive approach to using water wisely during the extended dry spell the UK is currently experiencing.
Severn Trent have asked the Council to reduce the amount of water it is using and the Council will be taking measures including:
- Restricting the irrigation and watering of bedding areas, baskets and planters
- Ceasing the irrigation of fine turf and sports areas
- Working with sports clubs to advise them of the situation and use of the facilities
- Reducing the cleaning of Council vehicles to essential use only
- Reviewing highway sweeping
Severn Trent have also issued some useful tips for local residents to encourage them to do their bit, help them use water wisely, which can be viewed at Severn Trent Water Website.