As part of the accreditation process, certain criteria were considered including:
- Competent and efficient management to ensure that the entire bereavement experience occurs without error or insensitivity
- Meeting health and safety requirements
- Creating and maintaining an atmosphere of solace and respect
- Employee qualifications and flexibility to provide services
- Employees who act and speak in a manner which recognises the sensitive of bereavement
- Using the most environmental friendly materials and recycling, wherever possible
The accreditation has been awarded under the Charter for the Bereaved, a scheme run by the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management, which is the only recognised monitoring scheme for crematoria.