The Canalside Heritage Centre, a small local charity sharing history and stories of the canal opened just a few weeks ago. This is the perfect opportunity to join a small and personal team, and to make a huge impact.
Just by helping out 3 hours a week on a project that makes you smile, will make a huge difference to how the charity grows and flourishes. There are roles to suit a huge variety of interests, most urgently sought are
• Friendly people to meet and greet visitors and create a great welcome
• People to help in our tea room, clearing, serving and pot washing.
• Something a bit more challenging behind the scenes helping with our infrastructure, bookings systems, or volunteer database, computer skills needed.
• If you are creative and enjoy a little retail therapy, perhaps helping out in our shop is for you.
• The centre is also looking for volunteer walk leaders, garden volunteers, and education volunteers.
All volunteers will receive an induction, training and ongoing support.
People who enjoy working as part of a team and getting stuck in would fit in perfectly and would be able to make a real difference to the charity and the local community.
Zoe Cockcroft, Arts Volunteer says: “I love being a part of the Canalside Heritage Centre team, I enjoy working with other volunteers on the arts team to plan events and to make sure that the Canalside Heritage Centre gets off to the best possible start. I can’t wait to come in the summer and go on a guided walk and have tea and cake.”
Andrew Smith, Buildings Volunteer says: “Working with the team at the Canalside Heritage Centre is great fun; and I enjoy being able to use my skills to really benefit a local charity and a community project. As it is a small and friendly team I get the opportunity to be heavily involved, and I know that the work I do really makes a difference.”
For more information visit us at Beeston Lock or online at www.canalsideheritagecentre.org.uk , or call 01159 221773 and ask for Jenny.
Source: Canalside Heritage Centre Press Release.