Stapleford Traffic and Transport Committee

When Stan Heptinstall was our County Councillor, he chaired the Traffic & Transport Committee and representatives from The Police, Trent Barton and local Councillors all attended this meeting.

Over the years there have been many positive changes made down to decisions agreed at this meeting and it gave Trent Barton the opportunity to let local Councillors know what was going on with any changes they were going to make.

We were in fact told by representatives of Trent Barton at the Stapleford Town Council meeting last Friday that Nottinghamshire County Council were fully aware of the upcoming changes to the Route 18 that will effect many local people. It a shame the voice of Stapleford at Nottinghamshire County Council never let anyone know about this.

Now since the elections and the new administration, neither of our current County Councillors have mentioned what will be the future of this very successful committee, despite both being asked about this.

I was told last week by a Highways Officer from Nottinghamshire County Council that Councillor John Longdon is holding a ‘Forum’ on the 30th June where Highways matters can be raised. Councillor John Longdon has been copied into this email and despite me asking for an update on the time and venue of this meeting on the 30th he has not replied to my emails.

On Friday night, at the Stapleford Town Council meeting, I asked Councillor John Longdon about this meeting and he refused to answer me about it. He was then asked again by the Deputy Leader of Stapleford Town Council, Councillor Amanda Hull and he replied several times saying “No Comment”.

So here we have a newly elected Councillor who was elected to represent us at Nottinghamshire County Council and he not only refuses to talk to me, in fact he can’t even acknowledge me and I am told he refers to me as “that independent” but he also refuses to let the Deputy Leader and in fact all the Stapleford Town Councillors know about this upcoming Forum where Highways issues can be raised.

Can he truly be representing us if he won’t tell us what is going on?

So much for being the voice of Stapleford at Nottinghamshire County Council as his election leaflet made claim too.

Councillor Richard MacRae

Stapleford North Ward
Stapleford Town Council
Broxtowe Borough Council

07740344427

@cllrrichardmacrae

About Sue Sambells

Editor of Bramcote Today. Trustee of Nottinghamshire Neighbourhood Watch. Lead Coordinator for RVR, Bramcote - Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
This entry was posted in Stapleford, Traffic. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Stapleford Traffic and Transport Committee

1. Donna macRae says:

I also attended this meeting on friday night and was utterly disgusted by councillor longdon’s behaviour when being asked a serious question by councillor macRae,councillor john longdons reply of no comment,no comment and ive said no comment three times and thats the end of it is not what you would expect to hear,i find him to come across as a very angry man

2. Cllr Martin Plackett Bramcote Ward BBC says:

The new County Division, Stapleford and Broxtowe Central covers part of Bramcote, Stapleford, Trowell and Awsworth. I would trust our new County Councillors are/will be considering a Traffic Forum to include all areas in their Division with representatives from the various Parish/Town Councils and Bramcote’s Neighbourhood Forum. I look forward to such a body being ‘set up’ and meeting after consultations with the various parties in the autumn. As Bramcote Ward BBC Councillor I look forward to participating in future discussions,

• Councillor Richard MacRae says:

I am also hoping that the Traffic and Transport Committee carries on but having emailed both of the County Councillors and not having a reply from any about it I have no idea what’s happening.

Poor communication that’s for sure.

• Steve Carr says:

The majority of Bramcote Ward falls into the Bramcote & Beeston North division. I did warn of the confusions that would result from the idiotic redrawing on the County Boundaries.

3. william john longdon says:

My answer of no comment was correct as there is as yet no transport forum there never was a
    meeting confirmed for this friday i am totally perplexed as to why any body thought there was.

• Councillor Richard MacRae says:

As you are fully aware it was a Highways Officer who informed me that a forum was being organised by yourself which was to take place on 30th June. As you are fully aware the same Highways Officer copied you into the email reply to myself to which I also replied asking you for details of the said forum where Highways Issues can be raised. Maybe I could do a freedom of information request again to help jog your memory.

You have not replied to one single email I have sent you or copied you into regarding highways issues. You refused to answer a simple question when asked at Stapleford Town Council on Friday by myself and by the deputy leader of the Town Council regarding the Forum where Highways Issues can be raised.

If Councillors work together to represent the people in the wards they represent then a lot more would actually get done. But instead you choose to be rude and ignore others.

I am still waiting for a reply to the email I sent inviting you to a public meeting I am Charing on Monday 10th July regards the issues on Pasture Road, a meeting I have organised after being asked to do so by the local Police and Businesses alike.

Maybe you should do the job you was elected to do instead of being so ignorant towards others.

• Councillor Richard MacRae says:

Just a quick update, the meeting regards Pasture Road has been changed to Thursday 27th July from 10th July and will still be 7 until 830pm. However I have still not had a single reply from any of our County Councillors.

• Donna MacRae says:

So instead of ignoring others and being so rude, as witnessed by members of the public watching the meeting, why did you simply not engage in conversation with others around the table. You had plenty of chance to let others know if a meeting is or is not taking place and answer questions. No Comment is not the kind of answer you should be so rudely saying.

Cllr Longdon.

It is really so much better if party politics can be put to one side on issues like this. Partisan behaviour on the issues being discussed here simply are not helpful to those we represent.