Mud slinging is Anna Soubrys favourite game, but I prefer to deal in facts.
- FACT – Broxtowe Women’s Project applied to the council for £6,000 grant aid in July 2016
- FACT – Conservatives on the council proposed to reduce that grant to £4,800 with no guarantee that the remaining £1,200 would be secured
- FACT – Labour and LibDem Councillors spoke out and voted against the reduction in grant, aiming to secure the full £6,000 that was so vitally needed
- FACT – I would never vote to cut domestic violence support services in Broxtowe
- FACT – Funding for the Domestic Violence Support Officer post is no longer in the budget at Broxtowe Borough Council under the Tories
Only after intense pressure and soul searching from some clearly embarrassed Tory Councillors was the remaining £1,200 granted to Broxtowe Women’s Project 6 months later.
And the Tories claim that tackling domestic violence is one of their priorities. Give me a break.