The annual service, led by Celebrant Rachel Snowball in the Serenity Chapel at 2.00pm will be an opportunity for friends and families to come together and remember their loved ones. The service will last around an hour and include readings, prayers and hymns, with musical contributions from Soloist Sarah Carlin.
On arrival at the chapel the congregation will be invited to light a candle in memory of their loved ones, with their names read out during the act of remembrance. Local Funeral Directors and other service providers will be supporting the crematorium staff on the day.After the service (weather permitting), balloons will be released from the Crematorium grounds, following which refreshments will be available in the Serenity Chapel waiting room.
This service has become a very popular event and attracts a large attendance. It is recommended that people arrive early to ensure a seat within the chapel and children of all ages are most welcome. Anyone needing special assistance is requested to contact the crematorium office.
Comments from previous services include:
- “Lovely to remember our loved ones this way”
- “Very moving, beautiful hymns and songs – thank you”
- “Excellent, very moving, very good”
- “This was the most uplifting service I’ve been to.”
- “Lovely Service – it meant a lot”
- “A very moving service, well balanced and successful in catering for the varied members of the audience”