Following last night’s meeting of the Jobs and Economy Committee of Broxtowe Borough Council I list the following POSITIVE outcomes for Bramcote after changes to Greenbelt boundaries within the Ward.
- 1. A brand new state of the art School for our children and grandchildren paid for from the proceeds of the sale of the unused playing fields off Coventry Lane.
2. The decision gives the Borough the statutory 5 year land supply so ensuring no more encroachment to Bramcote’s precious Greenbelt.
3. This decision will certainly be favourably taken into account by the inspector hearing the building proposals for the old golf course.
4. Bramcote Park, the running track off Moor Lane and the Golf Course site (if the appeal is rejected) will become Local Protected Green Space offering the same protection as Greenbelt.
5. The potential for leisure facilities on the new school site.
6. An opportunity for our Neighbourhood Forum to offer in their proposed Plan the type of development off Coventry Lane, and the enhancement of existing and new green infrastructures within the area.
- Martin Plackett Cllr Bramcote Ward BBC