A transition from errant Viking to leading man Robbie Hart in upcoming production of ‘The Wedding Singer’, all for charity!
On 30th July, Chris Bryan – who will be playing leading man Robbie Hart in Beeston Musical Theatre Group’s (BMTG) production of ‘The Wedding Singer’ – underwent a complete transformation after having over 19 inches of hair chopped off in aid of the chosen charity Myeloma UK.
On the 12th February 2016 the group lost one of their most staunch and loyal supporters when Michael Cottee sadly passed away after being diagnosed with myeloma. And so their campaign to raise money and awareness took shape. BMTG targeted their campaign at £1,000 and have already reached the 60% of that figure via donations, with a good chunk of that coming from the Mop Chop campaign.
‘The Wedding Singer’ is a musical comedy based on the hit Adam Sandler movie of the same name. This year Chris had the good fortune of landing the leading role with BMTG but in order to fit the part he had to say goodbye to 10 years worth of hair and beard which he had, quite literally, grown attached to!
“I started growing my hair such a long time ago that I can barely remember the reason I did so, but it has always been a part of who I am as a result. I certainly miss having long hair and a beard, but now that it has happened I have to admit I am liking the new look!”
As well as raising money for Myeloma UK, Chris’ hair will be donated to the Little Princess Trust who make real hair wigs for children who suffer hair loss through cancer treatments and other illnesses.
The Wedding Singer runs from the 25th to the 29th October at the Duchess Theatre, Long Eaton.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Donna MacRae on News from Anna Soubry MP
- Paul Nathanail on Bramcote CAT Meeting 4 September 2017 – The Official Unofficial Minutes
- Barry Morrison on Bramcote CAT Meeting 4 September 2017 – The Official Unofficial Minutes
- Donna MacRae on Bramcote CAT Meeting 4 September 2017 – The Official Unofficial Minutes
- Peter Chatfield on Flowers Galore!
- Susan A on Road Improvements in Bramcote
- RichHartman on Road Improvements in Bramcote
- Councillor Richard MacRae on HS2 Information Event – Monday 18 September 2017
- Elaine Morris on Road Improvements in Bramcote
- Barry Morrison on Road Improvements in Bramcote
- News from Anna Soubry MP
- trentbarton Robin Hood Marathon Temporary Bus Changes 24 September
- Broxtowe Borough Council Local Plan Part 2
- Centenary of the Chilwell Munitions Tragedy 2018
- Beat The Energy Price Rises with Nottinghamshire Switch, Save & Smile
- Bramcote CAT Meeting 4 September 2017 – The Official Unofficial Minutes
- HS2 Information Event – Monday 18 September 2017
- Free talk at Middle Street Rource Centre
- HAVE YOUR SAY ON BROXTOWE BIN POLICY
- Dementia Friendly Exercise Class
Blogs I Follow