Chris Archer (Police, PCSO 4662, Stapleford (Broxtowe South) writes: Since the 1/1/2016 here have been the following crimes in the Stapleford cluster area which includes Bramcote:
Overnight between 7th and 8th January a shed has been broken into on Albert Avenue Stapleford. During this offence the lock was broken off the shed door and an amount of expensive fishing equipment was stolen. Nottinghamshire Police incident 000148-08012016.
On 4th January an insecure vehicle was entered on Balmoral Drive Bramcote. A number of personal items such as sunglasses, dashboard camera and charging cables were stolen during this offence. Nottinghamshire Police incident 000391-04012016.
Overnight between 3rd and 4th January an insecure house was entered on Gibbons Avenue Stapleford. Once inside the offenders have stolen a handbag, laptop and car keys, a blue Vauxhall Meriva has then been stolen from the road using these keys. Nottinghamshire Police incident 000078-04012016.
Between 1st and 3rd January a garage has been broken into on Bembridge Court Bramcote. Entry was gained by breaking the padlock which was securing the garage door. A number of bathroom fixtures including a toilet system, wash basin and chrome towel rail have been stolen during this offence. Nottinghamshire Police incident 000466-03012016.
Enquiries are ongoing in relation to these offences and we would ask that if you have any information which you think may be relevant to any of these to call 101 and quote the incident number listed.
We would again like to offer the following crime prevention advice to local residents:
Ensure you lock your doors and windows even when you are in.
• Fit good quality locks to your exterior doors.
• If you have an intruder alarm please ensure that you set it when you go out and when you go to bed.
• Take your keys to bed with you; don’t leave them in door locks or window locks, or in view of windows and doors.
• Leave a light on when it’s dark, make use of timer switches and consider leaving a radio on or investing in a fake TV device.
• Register your property for free on the national property database www.immobilise.com Immobilise helps Police to reunite stolen items with their rightful owners in the event of them being recovered.
• Protectively mark your valuable property with your name and postcode preferably using a visible property marking kit such as CreMark or SelectaMARK and don’t leave valuables such as laptops on view.
• Confirm the identity of anyone who calls at your home who you don’t know. Beware of bogus officials. Not sure? Don’t open the door.
For additional home security advice please refer to our Securing your home guide. Further crime prevention guides can be found on our website http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/crime-prevention-guides
Officers from the local Neighbourhood Policing teams, Response teams and other officers will be continuing to conduct patrols in the cluster area to reassure residents and deter any potential further offences.
If you would like any further help or advice please call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or visit our website: www.nottinghamshire.police.uk
If you have information about any crime or see anyone acting suspiciously in your area please call Nottinghamshire Police on 101. Please call this at the time which you see the incident happening and not a number of hours afterwards.
In an emergency, for example where life is in danger or a crime is in progress please call 999.
Source: Broxtowe Community Email.