The winter months can often bring unpredictable and difficult weather conditions and Broxtowe residents can stay up to date with the latest by subscribing to Broxtowe Borough Council’s Email Me service.
By subscribing to Severe Weather updates via Broxtowe Borough ‘Email Me’ service at www.broxtowe.gov.uk/emailme residents will get updates on whether Council services will be running in the event of severe weather, including any affected bin collection routes and who to contact about gritting and school closures, all direct to their inbox.
Residents can also stay up to date in severe weather conditions by following the Council on social media at www.facebook.com/broxtoweboroughcouncil or on Twitter @broxtowebc.
Here’s some top tips to help you cope in severe weather and snow:
· Don’t use hot water to clear snow and ice as it may turn into black ice.
· Use a wide blade shovel to clear paths – it will get the job much quicker!
· Concentrate on making a safe route into your property and keep this clear
· Ordinary table salt can be used to melt snow and ice on your path
· Keep an eye on vulnerable or elderly neighbours, they may need help
· Nottinghamshire County Council are responsible for gritting, follow them on social media and online for updates on this
Over 10,000 are subscribed to the email-alert service to receive information on a host of Council Services including everything from Latest News, What’s On, Jobs, Town Centres and Business to Waste and Recycling, Leisure, Sport and more.
To sign up, visit www.broxtowe.gov.uk/emailme
For more information and to tell us what you think of ‘Email Me’ by completing the comments form at www.broxtowe.gov.uk/emailme or contact Broxtowe Borough Council on 0115 917 3825, email email@example.com
Source: Broxtowe Borough Council Press release.