A lucky golden ticket holder will see in Christmas in style next month as they officially start Christmas in Stapleford by switching on the lights at the town’s annual Light Switch On Event.
To be in with a chance of winning the golden ticket and to join Santa, along with Mayor of the Borough of Broxtowe, Councillor Susan Bagshaw and Town Mayor of Stapleford, Councillor Ray Darby, on stage at the event on Saturday 21st November, children must visit the official Santa’s’ Grotto between 1.00pm and 6.00pm on the day to obtain a raffle ticket.
The lights will be officially switched on at 6.30pm in Walter Parker VC Memorial Square following a packed programme of live music, a Christmas market and much, much more from 10.30am.
The full programme includes:
· Christmas Market, 10.30am until 4.00pm, Dove Veterinary Surgery car park, Derby Road.
· Santa’s Grotto, 1.00pm until 6.00pm, Shabbylicious Vintage Tea Rooms, 166 Derby Road, Stapleford. There will be signage directing from the Square to the Grotto during the day. Decorate your own cookie and other activities at the venue.
· Vintage Barrel Organ, 10.30am until 4.00pm, next to the Christmas Market.
· Christmas Craft Workshop with Dig-In, including create your own willow wreaths, glass jar decorating and other activities from 10.00am until 15.00pm, Walter Parker VC Square.
· Live Music Entertainment including performances from Euler, George Spencer Academy and One Voice Choir.
· Switch on event and fireworks display, 6.30pm, Walter Parker VC Square.
The event has been organised by Broxtowe Borough Council’s Town Centre Management Team in conjunction with Stapleford Town Council and the Stapleford Town Team. The Town Team have been overwhelmed by the support of local town centre businesses who have pledged donation towards what will be the largest firework display yet to end the event in style.